Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's a sad thing...

I do try to follow multiple astrology sites to find and acknowledge different astrological opinions, ideas and interpretations.  What I find unattractive or, or should I say, disgusting, is the distance that some professional astrologers will go to be *disingenuous with their predictions. Some will backdate newly posted articles on their blogs or website, and present the new information as having been there "all along."  Some will post pieces that have blatantly false information on the planetary transits in an effort to support predictions, knowing that many readers don't have the astrological knowledge or skills to see through the deception. To me, that is a sad thing....

I'm not here to "out" anyone who is utilizing these types of deceptions. I just want people to be aware that the practice of cheating is used by some professionals.  While Neptune and Chiron are both retrograde in Aquarius, I feel that it is perhaps time that I share my observations with my guests. Chiron's wounding and healing process can be reviewed more thoroughly while in retrograde motion. There is a form of victimology that Chiron's transit can create. Neptune's illusions (delusions?) cannot be so easily swept under the rug when transiting retrograde. Neptune's transits can be creative and beautiful, but there's usually a nebulous cloud that envelopes everything.  Uranus' retrograde in Aries will be moving back into Pisces soon, and the mutual reception between Uranus in Pisces and Neptune in Aquarius will provide one last chance of cleaning up this trickery practice. Uranus' transits can have the shock and awe effect. There is usually a surprise outcome when Uranus is involved.

For my part, I truly appreciate it when people call me out on my mistakes.  I want to know that I've made a typo or a miscalculation. I want to hear that I've goofed (or even if I haven't goofed... that my message was confusing.) I recognize that not all astrologers want that type of feedback. I do. I not only want to promote a better world through astrology, I want to be perceived as having the heart and ethics of wanting to be a better astrologer.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now and get back to reading.

Be well :)



* disingenuous: giving a false appearance of simple frankness
Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2010.

Merriam-Webster Online. 25 July 2010
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disingenuous